Your trusted advisors for college admissions success
Does any of this sound familiar?
- "I'm struggling to identify my child's unique qualities that will help them stand out on their college applications."
- "Getting into a great college these days is much harder than when I applied."
- "I want my child to have the same educational, career, and financial opportunities I had, but I'm not sure how to help them."
- "I'm unsure about which classes my child should take or what extracurricular activities they should participate in to impress college admissions committees."
- "I'm worried about making a huge mistake that will ruin my child's college admissions chances."
- "Our high school counselor cannot give my child the personalized attention they need because they're overwhelmed with so many students."
- "There's a lot of college admissions advice online, but I don't know what's accurate and what's wrong."
- "I knew how to navigate the college admissions system decades ago, but I don't know how it is these days."
If so, you've come to the right place.
My name is Dr. Shirag Shemmassian, founder of Shemmassian Academic Consulting. Our group helps high-achieving high school students get into America's top colleges.
Over 90% of our students get into at least one of their top 3 colleges. For over a decade, we've learned exactly what it takes to get into Ivy League and other elite colleges—and we want to help your child do the same.
- Never having to worry about doing college admissions research yourself. Instead, you can turn to trusted advisors to guide your family through the process.
- Watching your child scream in excitement when they receive a letter from their dream college that starts with "Congratulations" and not "We regret to inform you..."
- Proudly telling other parents which college your child will attend, rather than have to justify the decision to send them to a community college.
- Knowing deep down that you've given your child every opportunity to become a successful adult.
Our goal is to help your child stand out in the college admissions process while pursuing the classes and activities they love. Moreover, we're to help your child prepare the absolute best college applications they can.
Would you like us to help you make that happen?
Here's the first step: Enter your name and email below to receive our free comprehensive guide to writing every single college essay:
Meet your advisors
Shirag Shemmassian, Ph.D. / Founder & Head Admissions Consultant
B.S., Cornell | Ph.D., UCLA | Former Admissions Interviewer, Cornell
In addition to providing premium 1-on-1 college admissions support for a handful of students each year, we offer online video courses, pro bono seminars, and the best free articles on all things admissions.
We encourage you to send questions about any aspect of college admissions; we'll respond within 24 hours. In addition, if you'd like to schedule a complimentary 30-minute consultation call with me to discuss how we can support your admissions journey, simply click here.
Cate Vogl, M.A. / Admissions Consultant
B.A., USC | M.A., USC | Psy.D. (in progress), The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
Oz Hasbún, M.D. / Admissions Consultant
B.S., Stanford | M.D., Columbia
Deisy Del Real, B.A. / Admissions Consultant
B.A., Grinnell | Ph.D. (in progress), UCLA
Suan Tuang, B.S. / Admissions Consultant
B.S., MIT | M.D./Ph.D. (in progress), Harvard and MIT
Nicole Leung, B.S. / Admissions Consultant
B.S., Occidental College | Ph.D. (in progress), UCSB
Vish Sridharan, B.S. / Admissions Consultant
B.S., UNC Chapel Hill | M.D./M.B.A. (in progress), Harvard and MIT
Daily Guerrero, J.D. / Admissions Consultant
B.A., Harvard | J.D., Columbia
Sanjena Sathian, B.A. / Admissions Consultant
B.A., Yale | M.F.A. in Creative Writing (in progress), Iowa
Nairi Hartooni, B.S. / Admissions Consultant
B.S., UC Berkeley | Ph.D. (in progress), UCSF
Caleb Gayle, M.S. / Admissions Consultant
B.A., Oklahoma | M.S., Oxford | M.B.A. (in progress), Harvard
Jason Warrington, B.A. / Admissions Consultant
B.A., Princeton | Master of Environmental Management (in progress), Yale | J.D. (in progress), NYU
Aya Saed, J.D. / Admissions Consultant
B.A., Penn | M.P.A., Princeton | J.D., Harvard
Sanjay Kishore, B.S. / Admissions Consultant
B.S., Duke | M.D. (in progress), Harvard
Akash Patel, B.A. / Admissions Consultant
B.A., Oklahoma | J.D. (in progress), Michigan
Teresa Wang, M.B.A. / Admissions Consultant
B.A./B.S., Penn | M.B.A., Harvard
Anthony So, B.A. / Admissions Consultant
B.A., Stanford | M.F.A. (in progress), Syracuse
Suchita Nety, B.S. / Admissions Consultant
B.S., Caltech | M.D./Ph.D. (in progress), Harvard and MIT
Natalia Reyes, B.A. / Admissions Consultant
B.A., UC Berkeley | M.F.A. in English (in progress), Iowa
Alex Torres, B.A. / Admissions Consultant
B.A., Stanford | Ph.D. in English Literature (in progress), UC Berkeley
Kathy Ku, M.S. / Admissions Consultant
B.A., Harvard | M.S., Harvard | M.B.A. (in progress), Harvard | M.D. (in progress), Stanford
What to Do Next
If you want to learn more about how we can support your admissions journey through our premium 1:1 services, click here. If, on the other hand, you want to schedule a complimentary 30-minute consultation with Dr. Shemmassian, click the giant green button below: