Your trusted advisors for medical school admissions success
Does any of this sound familiar?
- "I've heard stories of qualified applicants who didn't get in anywhere."
- "I'm struggling with what to write about in my AMCAS personal statement without sounding cliche."
- "I'm unsure about which extracurricular activities to participate in to impress medical school admissions committees."
- "I've always seen myself going to medical school and becoming a doctor, but I'm not sure whether I'm good enough. I'm worried I'm going to feel like a failure."
If so, you've come to the right place.
My name is Dr. Shirag Shemmassian, founder of Shemmassian Academic Consulting. My team and I help high-achieving premed students get into great medical schools.
Over 90% of our students get into at least one medical school—the first time. For over a decade, we've learned exactly what it takes to succeed in this process. We want to help you do the same.
- Never having to worry about doing medical school admissions research yourself. Instead, you can turn to a trusted advisor to guide you through the process.
- Knowing exactly which extracurricular activities to pursue to maximize your admissions odds.
- Writing a unique personal statement, AMCAS Work and Activities section, and secondary application essays.
- Completing your admissions interviews with confidence.
- Screaming in excitement when you receive a letter from a medical school that starts with "Congratulations" and not "We regret to inform you..."
- Proudly telling your peers and family members that you're on your way to becoming a doctor, rather than having to explain why you'll be taking a year off, getting a Masters's degree, or becoming a dentist or physician's assistant.
Our goal is to help you stand out in the medical admissions process by helping you prepare the absolute best applications you can.
Are you ready to make that happen?
Here's the first step: Enter your name and email below to receive our free comprehensive guide on the medical school application process:
Meet your advisors
Shirag Shemmassian, Ph.D. / Founder & Head Admissions Consultant
B.S., Cornell University | Ph.D., UCLA
In addition to providing premium 1-on-1 services for medical school admissions for a handful of students each year, I offer seminars and the best free articles on all things admissions.
We encourage you to send questions about any aspect of med school admissions. We'll respond within 24 hours.